Monday, May 19, 2008

Poor Honey Bunny!

As I type this, Honey Bunny is sleeping in the hallway. Poor thing has had a rough day. Last night, Bob was out trying to deadhead the roses and Honey wanted to help. Since he did not want to perform rhinoplasty on a dog he gently pushed her head out of the way. She yelped in pain when he did this. I examined her and noted that her left ear was very sensitive. He ears are so furry and she was so unco-operative that I was unable to really get a good look inside her ear. I called the vet this morning and they were able to squeeze her in. My suspicions were confirmed when they informed me that she had a fox tail in her ear. Not only was it in her ear, but it was resting on the eardrum and if they tried to take it out without sedating her, it could puncture the eardrum. So Miss Honey Bunny had to stay at the vet for several hours so they could remove it. She is still pretty doped up so I am letting her spend the afternoon in the house, much to the chagrin of the 3 cats.

No comments: