Saturday, June 28, 2008

Busy little bees

Well, if you have been wondering what we have been up to the past few days, we have been busy little bees. Bob harvested our appricots. This year the little tree produced a bucket and a half. (I think our buckets are about a 1/2 bushel each) So we put up 18 1/2 pint and 6 pint jars of appricot pineapple jam. The dehydrator is humming with 4 trays to dehydrate. I sampled a little of the jam and its yummy. Its been a while since I made jam. (not since I was a kid and helping Mom) I love how fresh everything tastes. You can decide how much sugar you want, you know exactly what is going into your jams. Plus, after the initial outlay for jars and supplies, you end up saving money in the long run. I am thinkiong about getting some strawberries at the farmers market tomorrow and doing strawberry jam too.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, the weather reports now just say "smoke & haze" for the forcast. I have developed a smokers hack from all the crap in the air.

No comments: