Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Unemployee of the Month

I discovered last night, via a voice mail on my home machine that after almost 6 years my employer has decided it is time to "part ways". You would have thought that after almost 6 years of working with me I would at least get the courtesy of a face to face termination. But after almost 6 years working for my boss I didn't expect that. (Other former employees have been terminated by voicemail, e-mail and my personal favorite: instant message.)

A message stating "I need to talk to you, please call me" would have been better. I was in the office all afternoon and he had opportunity to speak with me, but he chose not to face me.

I think the icing on the cake for me was the e-mail I received:

"ok.

I would have liked to discuss your termination rather
than leaving a message on a machine. Please give me a
call tomorrow"


That's being bent over and reamed and then having them leave their number and say "call me".

No comments: