Friday, March 14, 2008

Bodies Revealed

Bob and I went to the "Bodies Revealed" exhibit this afternoon. It was incredible. The exhibit takes you through all the systems of the body starting with the skeletal (which I know like the back of my hand from my student assistant job in the Anthropology Departemnet way back when) all the way through fetal development (Which I think they could have expanded on) The bodies are preserved utilizing a process in which the fluid in the body is replaced with a plasticine. The result looks and smells like the rawhide treats you give your dog. It was very fascinating but I will admit that the full bodies did freak me out a little bit. I think it was the eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows. I kept expecting them to turn and say something to me. (I think its the same that un-nerves me at open casket funerals) Overall I would recommend the exhibit as a fascinating view inside the body.

No comments: