Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chemo Caps!

A few months ago I got an e-mail from my friend Marsha in Mill Valley. She has an friend in Eastern Star up in Ukiah whose Chapter had been knitting chemo caps. The location they had been donating to had shut down and she wanted to know if I knew of any place that would take them. Since here in the area we have the U.C. Davis Cancer Center as well as the Shriner's Hospital, I said I would love to help them out. I also have a friend who works at St. Jude's Children's Hospital so there was another location that could benefit. I got an e-mail saying a package would be on the way soon.

Yesterday the package arrived.


I found some lovely hats that were handmade with love by the lovely ladies of the Eastern Star



(and the hats have the labels to prove it!) The timing could not have been better as Mary and Phillip will be out from Tennesse for spring break and I can donate the first batch to them.

I liked the red, white & green with sparkles, or as I like to think of it: Christmas camouflage. (Been on the naughty list and need to hide out from Santa? Christmas camo will help!) But I do have an inordinate fondness for sparkly yarn as my yarn stash proves,

Its always exciting to see a plan come together like this! Who knew that this is where knitting would lead me!

No comments: