Saturday, July 19, 2008

Its so quiet.

Its been pretty quiet around here the past few days. On Thursday, I dropped Bob off at the airport so he could fly back to Ohio for his family reunion and his *gasp* 30th High School Reunion. I did not go with him because at the time we were booking the trip, I was not working and we just could not swing it for both of us to go. He was hesitant about going at first, but I pointed out that his Mom and Uncle Tommy would be up from Florida and he should take advantage of whatever time he can spend with his Mom. He is also getting some quality time with his sons which is good for both him and his sons. I always make it a point that whenever he goes back there, even if I go with him, that he spend at least a day doing just Father/Son things.

His ex is upset with him for who knows what reason. They have not spoken for quite a while now that the boys are adults. She had him pick up Andrew from across the street because she did not want Bob in her house. We think it may have something to do with the fact that Brandon and Heather are expecting and she does not want their kids calling us "grandma and grandpa" because we are not "blood related". Bob has always considered Brandon to be his son, even though he did not come into Brandon's life until he was two. I think that Brandon & Heather's children are very lucky to have 3 sets of Grandparents to love and spoil them!

With Bob gone, and it being so quiet, I have been doing a lot of knitting. I have been making baby stuff for Lara (Bob's co-worker), due in September and need to start on stuff for Brandon and Heather. I may attempt my first sweater. I am also working on a wedding gift for Scott and Kim and some hats for Christmas at Sea . I also need to work on some Christmas gifts as well.

Of course Miss Itty Bitty and Honey Bun both miss their Daddy. Itty Bitty lays in his spot on the couch and every now and then glares at me as if to say "what did you do with him?" Honey lays outside the bedroom door. When I go to bed for the night, she runs in and puts her paws on the bed and looks very confused. The other critters could care less as long as they have food.

No comments: