Sunday, January 3, 2010

Knitting Resolutions

Every year people make New Years Resolutions and I am joining that crowd with some knitting resolutions.

1. Since I have a bad habit of buying sock yarn and just admiring it, I am resolving to knit a pair of socks a month. This will be made easier by my having some of my On Line Smart Ass Yarn Hos join me in a knit along. Every month a different sock pattern. For January, we are starting of with an easy pattern, "Thuja" Its a worsted weight sock that knits up quickly. A little instant gratification for the start.

2. I am going to knit Bob a sweater. This will be my first attempt at an article of clothing that is fitted. I have already picked out a simple pattern, "Cobblestone" by Jarod Flood and have the yarn purchased.

3. I want to finish up a bunch of the UFOs that are lying around here. Maybe finishing one a month.

4. Send 12 hats to Christmas At Sea.

I think these are pretty reasonable goals and not too unatainable.

I have already started on #1 and should finish the first sock today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I give you "major props" for doing the sock thing. Lord knows that I still have the spindle sock pattern from hell that I'm trying to avoid like the plague. LOL.

See you next Wednesday for some mmmm....mmmm... mmmm good Sushi!!