Well #4 is now in the books. I am halfway there. Project #4 is called "Hermione's Cable and Eyelet Hat" and is based on a hat from stills from the upcoming Harry Potter movie "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince"
This one took a little longer due to the fact that its on smaller needles and I made some slight modifications to the pattern. (I made it bigger to fit my melon head)
The pattern for the hat can be found here. I cast on an additional 22 stitches for 2 more cables. I also modified the decreases as follows:
Followed decrease pattern for decrease tows 1-4
Row 5: K6 K2tog around
Row 6: K5 K2tog around
Row 7: K4 K2tog around
Row 8: K3 K2tog around
Row 9: K2 K2tog around
Row 10: K1 K2tog around
Row 11: K2tog around
Row 12: K2tog around
This left me with 6 stitches at the end. Had maybe 10 yards of yarn left on skein.