Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I've created a monster!

Christmas is over. It was very nice and quiet for us. We spent the day calling family members, napping and watching videos. Mr. & Mrs. Claus were pretty worn out from Christmas Eve deliveries.

I think the funniest part was talking to my sister-in-law Kelli. Her daughter Kayla has expressed an interest in learning how to knit so we bought her a beginning knitting kit and a copy of “Stitch and Bitch” so she can learn some of the basics. Kayla is so excited because she can now say “Bitch” and tell everyone she is referring to the book.

I love my new knitting basket from Bob and the knitting bag that my Mother-In-Law made for me. I was so excited about the handmade bag that it wasn’t until she called and asked if I looked in the pocket that I realized there was a gift card for Joann’s.

One of the biggest surprises was getting a gift card to Babetta’s from Josh, Bob’s lead at work. I made him a pair of fingerless gloves last month and he just loves them. He tries to be a real hard ass and would be mad if I said this to him, but he is such a nice guy. It has been amazing watching him grown up in the time he has worked with Bob.

Sitting on the couch with Bob, I was just feeling so blessed. Its not the gifts that we give or get each other, it’s the love of family and friends that is the best gift at the holidays.

No comments: