Friday, December 28, 2007

Friday Ramblings

Rain has returned. This is the kind of weather that makes you want to curl up by a fire with a good book or some knitting. If you only had one word to describe weather in the Valley this time of year it would be “grey”. If its not the clouds, it’s the fog.

I have hooked up with a group called “Macuwita Sni”, which is Lakota for “I am not cold”. We are providing warm hand knit items for children on the Lakota reservations in South Dakota. I have a ‘School Spirit Scarf” cast on in purple and gold (one of the high school’s colors). I am also getting ready to cast on a hat with the left-over yarn from Mr. McClymond’s warm wooly hat. I should have enough to make a child’s beanie. Its hard to imagine how cold it gets in the winter in South Dakota. I shiver when it drops below 40!

I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. Bob & I have been invited to family dinner at the McClymond’s homestead. Mary and her family are out from Tennessee and Sue drove up from Pasadena. It will be nice to sit and visit with them. Its so strange not having Peggy around anymore. We try to get up to see Mr. McClymonds a couple of times a week and bring him dinner. He makes great oatmeal, but that is about the extent of his cooking abilities. The McClymonds kids have adopted me as a little sister. Its fun to do the family dinner thing at the holidays again. I bought all 4 of the kids “Merry Christmas from Heaven” ornaments personalized with Peggy’s name. Mary opened hers on Christmas Eve and started bawling and hugging me. She didn’t see the personalization until I pointed it out to her and that started another flood of tears. She and I got to know each other over the summer while she was here caring for Peggy. She has become like a sister to me.

No comments: