Monday, September 1, 2008

Miss Itty Bitty and the Case of the Disappearing Poo

Recently, to save money, we have been buying the large bulk box of kitty litter instead of the buckets. We keep 2 buckets on hand one to put “kitty treasures” from the litter box in, and the other to carry fresh litter into the house as it is easier to manage than the large box.

Last night, Bob filled up the bucket with fresh litter and brought it in the house since he was cleaning the litter boxes. He set the bucket in the dining room while he went to clean the litter box in the den. I was sitting on the couch knitting and here the familiar “scritch scratch” of a kitty preparing to “make a deposit". I looked up and saw Miss Itty Bitty perched in the edge of the bucket in the “pooping position”. (For some reason she has to stand and arch her back to accomplish this task) It was hysterical. She was balanced like a frog with her back arched and proudly doing her business. I called Bob to the living room while I laughed so hard tears rolled down my face.

“What the Hell?” he shouted as he rushed to the bucket to position the scoop to catch her “deposits before they landed in the bucket. “Can’t you wait five minutes?”

I wish I had the camera to take a picture, but I was laughing too hard. She finished and jumped down and Bob stomped away with her “deposit” on the scoop. Poor Miss Itty Bitty turned to bury her “deposit” and got the most confused look on her face to find it had disappeared. She walked away then came back to see if it had magically re-appeared. Poor thing is probably still wondering what happened.

It was just too funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humans experience this phenomenon too, you know? When you turn around to flush...there's nothing there.
Before it was mildly amusing. But now I'm worried there's been a man with a scoop standing behind me all those times.
EEK

Theresa said...

LOL Funny! My cat has to christen the litter box every time it is cleaned but she's never done that!